
No really... I'm turning over a new leaf... for real!
I've been on this path for a while now and I'm really getting somewhere. I'm cleaning out all my "stuff" and parting ways with lots of it. I like seeing less clutter. It just feels good.
It sure isn't easy, though. I hate thinking about how much I may have paid for an item that I really didn't need in the first place. It makes me feel just awful for being so frivolous with my money. Most all of my "stuff" is not expensive item by item, but it does add up. I'm hoping to take this experience to heart and really put into place some new and better spending habits.
I have a shelf of purses in my closet that I never use anymore. They gather dust. So they are going. I have clothes that I don't wear because they don't fit (I hate this!) and because they are just not really in style anymore. I'm going to let go of them. It would be nice to fit all my clothes in my closet and not have to store the out of season outfits here and there and everywhere.
While watching many HGTV organizing shows of one sort or the other, I've heard more times than I can count that if you buy something new you should let something else go. Guess it's really a rule I need to follow.
I want one of these jewelry organizers. But I can't really justify spending the money on one when I have some vinyl and material in my sewing stash and I could probably make something that would work. I'm going to try to come up with something because one of my messy areas is my jewelry. Most of it is in a makeup bag and it's a jumbled mess. Not a very good way to treat it, huh?So onward I trudge! Wish me luck! ;)
Hugs,
Dana
2 comments:
OOOH good luck, tell me how the jewelry holder goes! Good for you for cleaning out. I'm in the process right now too, and boy does it feel GREAT! You got to go with it when the cleaning bug bites!
I have also been looking at a few "piles" that need to be gotten rid of. In fact, I have purses that are gerat dust catchers, too! I just went through my clothes and chose to donate quite a few things. It's amazing how clothes "shrink" over the years, isn't it?
Post a Comment