
I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last blogged. I've started to several times, but then decided against it. Guess I just don't have anything too interesting to share.
Hey Deanna... guess what? I have successfully given up caffeine. I've only had maybe 2 or 3 caffeinated drinks since August 14! Can I get a hi-5? ;)
I had promised my Oncologist I'd give it up to see if my heart flutters would decrease and ya know what? I realized about a week or so ago that I haven't even noticed having one and I was having them several times a day! I think that's so neat. It feels good to be proactive about my health.
Now... I have a new challenge to myself to give up High Fructose Corn Syrup. That's going to be way tougher than the caffeine I think. I've been able to switch to the occasional Sierra Mist to curb my desire for bubbly drinks but that can't last either. I do also like fruit juices with no Sodium Club Soda so maybe that'll be my next switch.
Now... if I could just get motivated to use that darn treadmill in the basement. I seem to be able to talk myself out of that so easily! Apparently, I have limited willpower. I need to work on that, too.
I made Stephanie's Pumpkin Spice Pancakes for breakfast yesterday. It was a little time consuming but they were really yummy. The recipe says it yields 12 pancakes, but I got 16, 1/3 cup pancakes. They were very filling and I could only eat 2 along with a couple links of turkey sausage. :)
This afternoon, I'm going to put some bread going in the bread machine. I just need to decide on a recipe. I'm thinking maybe Italian Herb and then I'll make some Chicken Parmesan to go with it for dinner.
It's rainy and chilly here. It makes me so glad that I can work from home. I love not being rushed to get out the door and drive 45 mins to work. I'm so happy to not have that stress in my life.
Well, speaking of working from home... better get back to WORK! I have lots to accomplish this week!
Oh yeah... the photo is one that Scotty took up North a couple weekends ago. Isn't it pretty? ;)
Happy Monday!
~Dana
4 comments:
Welcome back to blogland. I've been wondering what you've been up to lately. No caffeine? I'm impressed. Maybe that's the reason you haven't been blogging - you need that super charge. lol!
Love Scott's photo - such a cool, dreamy effect, yet there is power there too.
i'm glad you are doing well...i too have missed you and your thoughts. i've been kind of a bad blogger too...we can't stop getting sick around here. good job with sticking to the no caffeine thing! i'm glad the heart flutters have gone. hope you are doing well.
Hi Dana! Good to see a new blog post from you. I'm working on that no caffiene thing too...it's so hard. And my heart has the same problem so i am sure that's what it is. I have cut way back tho so that's good right? (I love diet coke with lime...sigh!) You'll do good with it I'm sure. That picture is so pretty! OMGOSH I thought it was a painting! One more thing, thanks for posting about the pancakes! Oh ya baby...I am so making those THIS weekend!! Maybe even waffles...we shall see. I am a pumpkin "anything" freak!
Have a great and productive week! HUGS GIRL!
~Sonda
You earned it, so here it is.....A HUGE HIGH FIVE!!!!! Way to go girl! I am so impressed! I have managed to cut back, but not completely let go of my own caffeine addiction. I'm glad to hear you are doing well! And the photo is absolutely amazing! He has an incredible eye!
Big Hugs,
-d.
Post a Comment