Friday, May 02, 2008

FUN stuff...

I have had a great time exploring the ins and outs of greener living! Really... who knew it would be so fun and right up my alley?

Anyway, I wanted to share a few links I've found that I keep going back to again and again. Some of these are green living type links and some are a mix of green and frugal living. Lots of neat information... especially for a crafty girl like me who's always got a creative to-do list a mile long and still wants to simplify her life! (What a conundrum, huh?)

Natural Beauty Workshop Blog -Lots of ideas for creating your own cosmetics and lotions and potions that are safe and eco-friendly. Just keep in mind that it's best to choose organic essential oils over the synthetic ones when thinking about scenting your creations. :)

Mountain Rose Herbs
- Awesome selection of essential oils and herbs, etc. with information pages to tell you the ways to use them. I currently have Organic Lime, Organic Spearmint, Orange and also Vanilla that I'll be playing with. I want to get some Tea Tree Oil as that supposed to be a wonderful sanitizer.

Hillbilly Housewife- Interesting ways to be thrifty and in particular her very enticing recipe for Magic Milkshakes. This is definitely on my to-try list!

MommySavers Forums

Making by Saving Forums

Orange Bran Flaxseed Muffins - I made these and I really like them. They taste so "healthy" to me. I may try substituting the sugar for Stevia.














I have the powdered Stevia and a very surprisingly yummy Liquid Stevia with a vanilla creme flavor. (Note: The Liquid Stevia comes in other flavors too... like Chocolate!) It's great in my coffee substitute called Teeccino. If you've never heard of Teeccino, check out the link. Together with my VC Stevia, it's a very decent substitute for my morning coffee... which was horrible for me. I'm trying to make better choices, here! I found these items at my local Whole Foods Store but I noticed that The powdered Stevia is available at my local regular grocery store in the organic foods section.



Have fun exploring!

Hugs,
Dana

2 comments:

Lara said...

oooh! thanks for sharing the sites. i found them very informative. those muffins look delish!

Tracy said...

Happy summer!

I haven't chatted with you in so long! Hope all is well with you and your family. I've had my hands full, full, FULL recently with work. My new job at the library keeps me out of trouble, that's for sure. We just had our recital for the dance studio (pics on my blog) and now I can think about Dream Street. Whew!
Amberly graduates this coming Friday.