Last night I got to make about 5 wishes in a span of 30 minutes!"The Perseid shower occurs every summer as the Earth's orbit takes it though debris scattered by the tail of the Swift-Tuttle comet. In clear skies around the shower's peak observers can see up to 80 meteors and shooting stars streaking overhead every hour. "Photo Credit: (Kevin Clifford/AP)
It was really neat to see the meteors shoot across the sky. They were so bright and the tails were so long. I'm so happy that I took a few minutes to sit up and watch for them. I bet they were really amazing up in Northern Minnesota with dark skies and no city lights.
Did anyone else see any?
Hugs,
Dana
2 comments:
oh, I didn't see this! How neat...I love meteor(sp?) showers! i hope your wishes come true. miss you. hope you are doing well.
I was feeling too tired to stay up that late. I missed it. darn.
Post a Comment