So as I mentioned before, I was feeling crafty and went into my closet in search of something "fun" to do instead of clean the house or do laundry! I saw my pile of felt in these gorgeous colors and it reminded me of a little sewing book my grandma has in her sewing box. It's a simple felt book where she stores thread, needles, pins, etc. It's very cute and I thought maybe I could fashion and album of sorts using that idea. Hence... my light bulb moment! :)

These cute little albums are the result. They are about 4.5"x 5.5" or so. They have 5 felt pages on the inside. On the one I finished, I added a strip of felt for the closure and sewed on the button. I also made the little flower and stems which I stitched onto the cover. I think it turned out really cute.
I think it would be fun to dig into my stash of paper scraps and sew paper pages onto the felt pages and make a mini album out of it. I know there are lots of fun felt items on the market now and with CHA around the corner, there are bound to be more.
I got carried away and made quite a few though... so if anyone wants one, let me know. (I'm not so sure I can use all these!) It was about $2 to make this little project, so quite inexpensive. I think I may try some in other sizes or shapes even.
Let me know what you think.
Hugs,
Dana
1 comment:
you are "sew" creative! There. Now I'm a goofball like you.
Post a Comment