Wednesday, January 17, 2007

When I was a little girl...

I used to love Holly Hobbie and all her friends.

I have a vague memory of a Holly Hobbie Birthday party I once had and can even picture in my mind the cute little prairie style dress I wore to the event. I had Holly Hobbie's friends, pj's, lunch box, sewing machine, and purse with doll, too. I wish I still had these items, but I guess I didn't know then that I would treasure them so much now! Darn!

Maybe it's my desire to simplify my life that's drawing me back to her. To me, she symbolizes a feeling of innocence and reminds me to step back and take notice of the little things in my everyday life that I truly treasure.

I started looking on Ebay for a vintage doll to sit on my shelf because the newly fashioned ones are just not the same. That cozy feeling is just not there with the new design. Anyway, I happened across the Classic Holly Hobbie website. I had no idea that a vintage style version of my dearly remembered Holly was once again being released . I considered the "new" classic briefly. She's cute an all... but I think I still need the original.

Hhmmm... this little charmer is currently on Ebay looking for a good home... Isn't she just the cutest!

In other news, my new paper collection for Dream Street Papers is now available. It's bright and fun and named for a very sweet girl, Baylee Tadlock. I am so excited to get to meet her in real life at Winter CHA. Her mom is so nice and I am ever inspired by her courage and love in dealing with Baylee's disability. Two very fun and deserving people to celebrate!

Hugs,
Dana

1 comment:

Tracy said...

My sister and I shared a room and we had matching blue and white, twin bedspreads with Holly Hobbie on them. I thought they were soooo pretty with their ruffled edges and matching calico curtains. : )