I still get scared.For some reason, I decided to check the forums over at Breast Cancer.org . I don't read too much over there because I have a tendency to let that reality fill my soul and it makes it really hard for me to live my life.
Within seconds, I saw a thread that filled me with fear and those awful burning tears welled up. Gianina, NoSurrender, is a woman that helped my group of "Junies 2005" get through our treatment. She is a Survivor and a very encouraging, kind woman. She was a tremendous source of strength and hope to us "newbies". She was always there for us with lots of information to make our treatment road a bit smoother. She gave us a TON of her time. She really means a lot to me, as do the other women I have come to know from that board.
G, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer again. She had made it past that glorious and hopeful 5-year mark that we all pray arrives. I am angry, sad and scared. I guess I just need to let it out somewhere and throwing the emotion into cyberspace seems good right now. This is not something I like to "burden" my family with as it does no good to frighten them and remind them of just how absolutely crummy this stupid disease is... they already know that.
I hate cancer. I am still reeling from my dear friend's husband's recent diagnosis of Stage 4 Colon Cancer and now this. These are such wonderful people... where is the cure?
I live each day with that nagging fear of recurrence or a new cancer forming and most of the time I am successful at pushing it far back into the depths. But sometimes... reality is too much for me and I can't fight it off. This is one of those moments. It will pass and my usual optimism will come back in full force because I believe with all my heart that it's the only way to live and cherish life... but it's so hard. It's just so hard to not feel so much because I have been there... I know that fear, intimately.
I guess it's good to have a good cry now and then. I feel a bit better just getting this off my shoulders. Life is just so precious and being healthy is such a gift.
I love this photo of a sunrise I took some months ago. I am thankful, more than anyone could ever know, for each day I am gifted to live.
Hugs,
Dana
2 comments:
Dana,
I wish I could just give you a plain ol' hug. Thinking of you...
Another hug headed your way. Dana, you are so strong and so very inspiring. You are in my thoughts...I miss your smile and can't wait to see you again soon!
Post a Comment