Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Orange...

It seems to be my new favorite color. I still love pink... but orange is really fun right now.

I decided my front porch needed some sprucing up. Our siding is very light beige and our trim is white so that all equals out to a rather nondescript appearance! I used to have a beige planter and was quite happy with it... until I saw this planter. It's just so pretty and bright and looks like an orange peel!

I think I'll plant these Begonia's in it along with some other plants that will trail over the edge. I'm also thinking of planting those gorgeous orange begonia's in the flower bed by the walkway leading up to the porch. The front of my house is going to really POP with color. I'll be the envy of all the neighbors! ;) (Haha!)

It's a bit too early in Spring to plant yet. Minnesota weather is unpredictable and I don't want an unexpected freeze or frost to kill my little cuties... so a photo of the finished project will have to wait a bit. But I'll post when it's done.

Last weekend I did a make-n-take at Memory Creek for their one-year anniversary event. It was fun. I met a lot of people and it was a big day for the store. I'm so happy for Ann, the owner. There have been some struggles but it's all working out.

I used my Baylee's Garden papers to make this cute little card. I think it was a hit as my papers sold out. :) I'm thrilled that I've created something that people will enjoy using in their albums and for crafts. It's very rewarding to me. All the hours of work I put into my collections is worthwhile when I see my papers used.

I've been busy working in the yard each evening. I have so much weeding to do. (My back is killing me... but it's getting better!) The yard has been a bit neglected over the last few summers and we have quite a few projects to complete. I have several flower beds to finish up. It's tough to decide what to put in them though. Choosing plants is kind of tough because they not only have to be pretty together, but they need to be right for the environmental conditions... so much thought goes into landscaping a yard! ;)

..... Happy Mother's Day to me! This is what I asked for. Yup... it's a gas-powered leaf blower! Hopefully we'll pick it up tonight. I'm a happy girl!

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Dana

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I love the orange idea for your front porch and walkway. That would be so pretty!
We have a leaf blower. I like it for blowing leaves off our deck in the fall (we get tons).
Glad to hear your make-n-take went well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hun!! Oh I love the orange...wow it pops right there in the corner. I cannot wait till we can go shop for stuff like that. Hey...you want to come help me? Ok, good. Make plans to be here next spring. Good timing too! :) That card is so adorable!! What a cute make-n-take using your very own papers!! And Baylee's papers at that! AWESOME! Oh hey...did I tell you I finally found a store here in town that is carrying them? OMGOSH! I about fainted!! And had to get the owner over to show her and have her meet little Baylee (she was with me). She was so surprised at the connection...and I was THRILLED to see the papers in her store! WOOHOO! I have told everyone I know around here to go buy them! :) Luv ya girlie! Hugs! ~Sonda

Alexis said...

Loving the orange lately too! You are too funny with the leaf blower. My mom has one and she LOVES that thing...she uses it everyday. I guess it's like vaccuum cleaning. Something about making an area free of debris that is so satisfying!