Monday, May 07, 2007

How wicked cool is this?

Yesterday it was so windy! It was one continuous 50 mile/hour wind gust for most of the day. It felt like right before a storm blows in, but there was no storm. Our power even went out for a couple of hours. The stores in town had to close for a few hours because of it.

Many people had tree limbs down and a few lost entire trees. We fared ok... but our crabapple blossoms are about half of what they were... :(

Here's why. "Sunday's winds across Minnesota were the result of a rapid drop in barometric pressure caused by a gravity wave that moved from Iowa into the central MN between 8 am and 11 am. Check out this incredible video of Sunday's gravity wave as it was moving through Iowa Gravity Wave." -Meteorologist Rob Koch

I've never seen such a cool thing... nature is so amazing! I wish I would have know what was happening yesterday... I would have paid more attention to the clouds. Shoot!

Have a great Monday!
Hugs,
Dana

4 comments:

deedub said...

WOW! That was incredible! Almost doesn't seem real. Glad to hear you fared okay other than the loss of power and beautiful blossoms!
Hugs,
-d.

Anonymous said...

WHOA DANA! That is amazing! I could totally see the "wave" part. I'm so glad to hear nothing terrible happened as a result of that. Stay safe! Hugs, Sonda

Tracy said...

Nature can be very scary and powerful. We are totally at Mother Nature's mercy! That video clip was cool - I'll share it with my girls.

Alexis said...

that is beyond AWESOME!