Friday, May 18, 2007

Tagged... 7 Lovely Things

Tracy tagged me to share 7 lovely things in my life right now. How do I narrow them down to just seven? ;)

1) My Family. On Mother's Day, I invited everyone over and I made seafood lasagna. It turned out so good. It was a hit. I was proud! Anyway, I never forget how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. I have the best husband, son and family in the world! We all get along so well and spending time with my family is always a treat!

2) Lilacs. We have a row of multi-colored Lilac bushes in our backyard and they are so beautiful. My husband planted them about 8 years ago and they've grown into a beautiful screen covering the neighbor's very ugly fence! There are about 15 bushes in a rainbow of whites, pinks, lavenders and purples. Every now and then the wind blows just right and I can smell them from the house. Delightful!

3) Baby Bunnies. This year, I found a nest right under my laundry room window. I never knew it was there until the babies left it. But now the little critters are running around the yard and hanging out under the neighbor's shed. They are so cute to watch. Last evening I was sitting in my rope chair that we have tied under the deck and 2 baby bunnies (toddlers) were running around and kicking up their back legs and chasing each other. At one point they got nose to nose and I just thought to myself... why didn't I bring my camera out with me? I get such a thrill when I see them even though I have had to cage all my new plants as the parents seem to have a way of sampling all the colorful blooms... naughty little things! It's a give and take relationship!

4) Gardening. I have been working so hard to ready our yard for summer. It's a lot of work, but so rewarding to sit back and look at how beautifully everything is growing. The tiniest of flowers are so amazing when you look at them up close. I've checked out quite a few books from the library on gardening. It's so much fun to plan the beds and planters. I'm excited to get the vegetable garden planted this year so I can start learning to can and preserve.



5) The Pond. I love our pond. It brings so many birds into our yard and it's so fun to watch them splash in the water. The waterfall is so soothing to listen to as well. It kind of helps muffle the noises of traffic and life and allows us to really just sit and enjoy our surroundings. We have about 20 goldfish that live in the pond year round and they are getting bigger and bigger. Each year we lose a few but likewise each year there are new babies. We have one that's almost all black. I call him Sharky. We have a lot of water lilies and lotus in our pond among various other water plants. When the water warms up, we will have frogs that find their way over to us and they seem to enjoy spending hot summer days lounging on lotus leaves. Very cute to see! :)

6) Circle Tour. This summer, we had planned a rather extensive road trip out East but due to gas prices and budget, we decided to change our destination. We are going to do the Circle Tour around Lake Superior instead. We've taken 2 weeks off work and I 'm really looking forward to seeing the sights. We are going to camp as many times as possible and just really enjoy the outdoors. Of course Scotty wants all the photo ops he can get and Kristofer is just hoping he can stand being away from all his friends for 2 weeks. But I know it will be a fun family trip for the 3 of us.

My mom is even coming from Florida to house sit and my dad will follow later. She'll be here for over a month and my grandparents are really looking forward to that. So it's a win-win for everyone. I was worried about leaving my precious kitty, Sundae, all by herself (she's 15) and now my mom will be here to take care of her and Bandit. She's great with animals and I know my mom will enjoy spending time with them.

7) Feeling Good. If you have never felt awful in your life, you could never truly appreciate the glory of feeling good. It's all about perspective. Each day I am thankful for... well... each day! ;)
I am just plain lucky to be here and I cannot let a single day go by where I don't acknowledge that in my heart. I'm L.U.C.K.Y to have dodged the BC bullet and I will not let a moment pass where I don't live fully, remain grateful, cherish the friendships I've made and pray for a cure!

OK... now I'm tagging Alexis, Amy, Jen, Melissa and Stef!

Hugs,
Dana

1 comment:

Tracy said...

wonderful list! ; )
Your pic of your lilacs is very pretty. We are having out annual Lilac Festival in Rochester this week. Beautiful!
I love reading your blog and can hear your voice as I read, kwim??