Saturday, May 19, 2007

Random stuff...

Today, Kristofer and I are going to take our neighbor and her daughter for a "we'll miss you when you move" lunch. They are moving to Brighton, Michigan. If anybody knows someone who lives there, let me know. She's a scrapbooker and crafter... and lots of fun to hang around with! I am so sad that she has to move. :(

We are going to go to Mall of America. They have some good restaurants there so we'll have a few to choose from. Then we can wander around a bit. I'd like to look at Crocs. The new Prima's look cute. I may NEED a pair!

I also want to go to Bath & Body Works. I want to put together a "spa" basket of goodies for my mom to use (and keep!) when she comes to house sit. I think it will make her feel like the special mom she is. I so rarely get to see her and I know she doesn't pamper herself much so I think she'll enjoy it a bunch.

It's a cloudy and cool day here so I don't know if I'll get to get out and garden at all. Hopefully this afternoon/evening will be a bit nicer. I think Scott wants to plant the veggie seeds today so I'm sure I'll tag along at his heels and watch.

Thursday night Scott was out with his buddy taking photos and he came across a cute little tree frog. He brought it home so he could take pictures of it on Friday and then we were going to set it free again. We put it in a little plastic critter box we've had for years with some bark and branches. However, he didn't explain that it needed to be kept very moist and well... the outcome is just tragic. I had a good cry over this. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so tender-hearted... but that just me. I still feel bad... REALLY BAD! In fact I'm tearing up just writing this. I always try to do the best I can for little critters and the fact that this happened really makes me sad. So... I am feeling a bit down today over that. Is that silly?

Since I had to share my tale of woe... I'll leave you with this gorgeous photo Scotty took Thursday night while on the outing with his buddy. It should make you smile. (His buddy, incidentally, got a cell phone call right at the time that this cute little hummer flew up to them... and missed his shot! He was bummin'!)

Enjoy!

Hugs,
Dana

1 comment:

Tracy said...

First of all - I LOVE your new profile pic. Very pretty!
I am amazed at the gorgeous photo Scott was able to get. Wow. I doubt I'd be quick enuogh to capture an image like that. I'd get nervous and fumble the camera. lol! Sorry 'bout Kermit. Shucks.