Is so much fun. Scotty added a hundred or so common bird songs to his MP3 Player and hooked up an external speaker to it. He and his photog buddy go out and call in the birds to photograph them. It's a bit like tricking them into thinking that they have a friend or foe nearby but it's so neat because then they can get great photos up close.Anyway, we have a male Oriole that visits us every year. Not sure if he's the same one or not... sometimes he has a female around, too. I hear him singing from nearby trees and sometimes he'll come in for a swoop down to the feeder, but not always. They are very shy birds. Anyway, this morning I heard him and I turned on the MP3 Player and pointed the speaker out the window in his direction. I could just barely see him hiding in the tree behind our yard. When he heard the song, he began to sing back. I only left it on for about 30 seconds and it was just so neat. He never flew down, but I knew he heard.
I love moments like that when I feel so connected to the world around me. It's just one more of life's simple pleasures.
Click here to listen to his song. :)
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Dana
1 comment:
Oh how fun!! Birds are so cool. LOVE your new pic and hair girl...wow...lookin HOT!! :)
~Sonda
Post a Comment