The fun just never ends! It's been a BUSY week and it appears there's no end in sight!
I had a Breast MRI yesterday, results showed nothing abnormal, Yippee! But apparently I do have very active, somewhat overly active, breast cells. This was determined in my most recent biopsy. This can be an indicator of the cells becoming malignant again in the future ... or then again they may not do anything but be overactive. It's all such a guessing game.
Can I just say that MRI's are not that fun? They are quite loud and it's very disconcerting to have all those obnoxious noises clanking and gonging at odd times. However, I'm so happy that I have this technology available to me... so it's worth it. ;)
I had my appt with the Breast Surgeon and she agreed with my thinking. The girls must go. I will have an appt with the Plastic Surgeon next Thursday to go over options for reconstruction.
I'm not thrilled with having to go through this and I am scared about the surgery... but I feel like it's the right thing to do. So I'm comforted by that.
On Friday, Sept. 14 at 5PM I'm going to have another MRI. This time of my lower spine and right hip because I've been having pain. There's always a concern of pain being caused by cancer once you've had it, so it's best to just not mess around. Breast Cancer has a tendency to metastasize to the bones so it's a real risk. But from what I understand, Breast Cancer in the bones is quite treatable. There's no cure, but there are some good treatments that help keep it at bay. I have Osteopenia, low bone density. So I'm going to have another DEXA Study, too, to see if there have been any changes there that may account for the pain.
I tell ya... I'm just falling apart! Oh well... I'll keep ya'll posted. :)
Hugs,
Dana
7 comments:
Big hugs Dana! Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer?
Ack, sorry that was from me!
Dana I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers... I only hope for the best for you! HUGS! Bless your heart sweety!
Oh Dana...you'll be in my prayers...I hope things go well with your next MRI. Look at it this way, maybe your new boobs can be as big as Amy's!
Dana...please know you are in my thoughts all the time. And I am praying things go well with the next MRI and the surgery. I cannot even imagine. We're all here for you if you need anything. Don't forget that. Little Baylee is giving me a hug so that is for you...wrap your arms around yourself. hee hee
hugs girl! Sonda
You can do this. I know it's harder to wrap your brain around something this big when it's prophylactic. Heck- it's why I never fully pursued anything before I was actually diagnosed. We should chat!
OK, I'm totally laughing at Lara's comment above.
I admire you for being a strong person. You have a wonderful perspective and I'm lucky to have you as a firend!
Post a Comment