Monday, January 21, 2008

Mmmmm.... cookies...

If you like Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies... here's a yummy recipe I saw on Martha before Christmas I think.

This photo is from Martha's site and the chocolate looks quite light in color... but I made these with Wilton's dark cocoa mint melting wafers that I found at JoAnn Fabric and they were a nice dark color. FYI... they didn't have the mint ones at my Michael's.

All you do is melt the wafers in the microwave on defrost, checking and stirring frequently. Then just dip the Ritz crackers into the melted chocolate. I used a little pair of tongs.

I also had set my cookie sheets out on the deck in the FREEZING temp before I started. I brought them in and lined them with parchment, dipped the Ritz into the melted chocolate, filled the cookie sheet and then set them outside again for a quick cooling to set the chocolate. Then I just put them into another lined cookie tin and they lasted for days... until I... I mean WE... ate them all. ;)

Anyway... they were super easy and were really yummy! Now if I could only find a recipe for those awesome caramelly coconutty ones... what are those called? Never-mind... don't remind me. I don't need to know. ;)

On the agenda for the week is to clean my home office/craft space. It's getting to be a messy little pit! I just cannot for the life of me keep it organized. I end up working at my desk in a little teensy 6x6 INCH spot because I have so much JUNK around me. What's my problem? Sorry... I won't frighten you with a photo! LOL!

The weather here in Minnesota has been so cold. We had Wind Chills in the -25 degree range over the weekend. Let me tell ya... that's just plain cold. It's a painful cold. Did anyone see that Packers/Giants game? That Giants coach looked like he was getting frost bite on his face. It was so red. My husband and I kept wincing whenever they showed his face on the screen. OUCH!

Thankfully, we are going to warm up into the low 20's by the weekend though. It's silly... but that will seem so much warmer! It will be so nice. :)

HUGS!
Dana

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Mmmm... wish those fit in with my weight loss goal!

Tina Vega said...

Hi Dana - I'm just stopping by to let you know that you've been tagged! If you'd like to play, you'll find the rules on today's post.

BTW, I'm still having lots of fun with your papers!

Anonymous said...

oh those look yummy! I wonder if there is a low-fat version?? can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
hugs! sonda

Lara said...

oooh! Those look delish! off to check out the recipe