Time goes by way too fast!
I'm busy getting ready for the big Winter 2008 CHA Show. Dream Street Papers will be releasing many new lines. I must say... they are really neat, too! Maybe I'm a bit biased, but they are really cool! As soon as I can show some sneak peaks, I will.
The show is so much fun, but it's a lot of work, too. There's a lot of manual labor involved in setting up and tearing down the booth and being on your feet all day during the show days does completely wear us all out. But we manage to get in some quality girl chat catching up time.
This year, several of us are going to go to Disneyland since it's just down the street. I'm looking forward to it. I'd also like to go to the beach and I am hoping for decent weather. I know it'll be too chilly for a real beach day... but I'd like to see it. It's been years since I've seen the beach and even if it's cold... it'll still be warmer than here in Minnesota!
I'm still working on my goal to pare down my "things"... ya know, simplify and all that. It feels so good to not have too much stuff... but my hoarding instinct is VERY strong! Slowly... I work at it and in gradual steps, it gets easier to let go of those things that I really don't need.
Our Christmas Tree is still up. YES, it's a fake one! :) I've not had much time or motivation to tackle that project yet. Hopefully next week! It's in our basement so my procrastination is not obvious! :)

I've been eyeing up paint chips. I'd love to paint my kitchen and dining room. The color I think I'm going to go with is a Pottery Barn color called Squire Hill Buff. I'm not brave enough to choose a real color because I'm afraid I'll choose poorly... or get tired of it. At least neutrals give me flexibility. So, this Spring that's on my to-do list.
My neighbor had a Taste Of Home Entertaining party. They had some neat things. I held a winning ticket and won a set of 4 pasta bowls. They look like this but each one has a different pasta name on it. They have a brown rim. There is a matching serving bowl... I might get that at some point.
I ordered an Italian Stitch Square serving plate and really cool 4-bowl serving dish. They actually look really neat together. I may like to have some dinner plates that match the Serving Plate. That way, I'll have those pasta bowls with the brown trim and they'll look cute with the square dinner plates, too I think. Well... maybe. :)
So... that's all for now. I'll try to post some creative inspiration soon. One of my goals for the year is to use my supplies more and be more creative.
Hugs,
Dana
5 comments:
My mom heart goes out to you Dana!! I will be seriously freaking out the day my son begins to drive.
Thank you again for the beautiful papers!! I used some of them to create a few beautiful journals to share with the faithbooking ladies this weekend.
I laughed when I saw your bit about the tree... mine is still up as well. I just have so many other things I'd rather do with my time right than disassemble the tree.
I can't wait to see the new lines...
Oh Dana...i cannot wait to see you again at CHA! Bay is coming with us again so, as i told Lara, get those huggin arms ready. hee hee I can't believe it's been a year! WOW! Hugs! Sonda
Yeah, the driving thing is horrible. I hate Amberly's driving. lol. She's already put a huge dent in the front of Super Van.
I can't wait to see you SOON!
I'm SOOO excited to hit Disney Land with the girls! And good luck with the driving thing. Jack starts school next year, and I feel like i'm losing him! I feel like he is growing up much too fast!!
Dana... i am right there with you sister! :) My daughter started driving recently and so far so good... but it is just another source of worry. I say lots more "protect my children" prayers these days! Anyway, I love the Taste of Elegance pasta bowls and serving bowls... Those are really cool! I am going to miss you girls at CHA. Ya'll don't have too much fun without me! :)
Post a Comment