Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Being crafty & frugal...

I made this funky little tree using papers from my new Wonderland Collection for Dream Street Papers. It stands about 3 feet tall. It's kind of hard to see, but I did add some glitter to it, too. A little extra bling is never a bad thing, is it?

Since I'm not going to the upcoming show this time... my sweet little tree is going to get boxed up and sent on a little adventure to Chicago all by its little self. I'll be sending a few other goodies along as well and I'll post them here as soon as I get them done. :)

There are many new and really fun collections for CHA Summer 2008. I'm sure you'll find something you just love. The other designers created some awesome collections!

Oh and for you frugal couponing gals out there... don't forget that this week Staples is having their 1 Cent Sale. We just got a Staples in my area and it opened within the last few weeks so I was happy to stop in and check it out.

Yesterday I purchased 4 D-ring notebooks, 2 packs of pencils, 10 folders and 2 Purell Hand Sanitzers and my total came out to $1.21. Such a good deal... I stopped in a second time today to do it again.
Big thanks to It's More Than Enough for posting info about good deals at Cub Foods. She has links to the coupons on her blog, too! :) I purchased the following:

Bic Pens are on sale for .50. Used$1/2 coupon. Final price was FREE!

Buy 3 Kraft Marshmallows for $1.00 each and get a catalina for $3.00 off your next order. If you have any of the Planter's coupons left, use them to get a can of Free Planter's nuts with this deal!

(You could then Buy 3 more marshmallows with your $3.00 catalina coupon and get another can of nuts as long as you have another Planter's Coupon! And on, and on, and on.... Make sure they are separate transactions!)

In addition, this week's Cub Foods Ad had the following deal: Buy 10 participating products and get 2 FREE movie ticket vouchers at the Checkout!

I bought 2 Chex Mix ($2.59 ea.), 2 Honey Nut Cheerios ($2.00 ea) and 6 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks ($2.00 ea). I paid $10.78 after coupons for this deal and received 2 movie tickets plus a $3.50 catalina coupon (good to use on my next shopping trip) for buying 5 or more Betty Crocker Fruit snacks.

Well, that's all for now.

Hugs,
Dana

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana...your tree is gorgeous and so are your papers! I absolutely love the colors in your Christmas line. These papers are going to do so well at CHA. We'll miss you, girl!

Alicia

Terri Moore said...

Dana, that is one gorgeous tree and girl, you have those coupons and freebies down to a T! Thanks for sharing!

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Dana that tree is so dang cute! I will have to make one with DD -she'll love it. Thanks for a great idea and a wonderful paperline.