Monday, July 14, 2008

Christmas in July, anyone?














How about some FREE Scrapbooking Paper? I've got some Wonderland to share!

So, here's the deal. Leave a comment sharing one of your favorite things about the holidays or your "Wonderland" and I'll pick a random winner on Monday, July 21st. That's pretty easy right?

ETA: Oh my gosh! I'm loving reading about your favorite things. It really is getting me in the mood for the holidays! Thanks so much for playing along!!! ;)

ETA: Truly... I am so enjoying hearing about all your favorites and traditions. This is just so neat! I'm so glad this will be a random drawing because there is no way I could pick a favorite. As a matter of fact... I'm sure I'll be "lifting" a few of your traditions to start for my family! Thank again so much for taking the time to share!

Oh and Yvette was kind enough to ask for instructions for making my funky little tree in the previous post. I'll get those up tomorrow sometime. I pinky swear! ;)

Tree Instructions (The basic version!)

1. I started with a white Styrofoam cone as the base. I purchased it at Michael's. I think mine is about 18 inches tall or so but you could choose any size available to you.

2. I cut my double-sided paper into strips approximately 1 inch by 4 inches.

3. I curled each piece around a pen to get the initial curly edge shape.

4. Starting at approximately from the bottom of the cone I used flat head pins to secure each strip.

5. After completing a row all the way around the cone, I placed a strip of scotch tape around the row over the pin heads. That seemed to really secure them down tightly. Probably not a necessary step, but since I was shipping mine to Chicago... I didn't want it to fall apart! LOL!

6. Next I made 4 cuts into each strip to create the fringe. I just eyeballed it... no need to get all perfect with this project.

7. Repeat the above steps until you get all the way to the top. Then add whatever topper suits your fancy. Also, as I moved up the tree I sort of trimmed down my strips a little bit as the 4 inch length seemed a bit too long nearer the top. Again... just eyeball it.

8. The fluff and re-curl edges if necessary using a pen or your fingers.

9. FYI... I used a little spray glue and glitter on my tree also... but you could try other things like Stickles or just plain white glue and glitter if you have the time.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Hugs,
Dana

129 comments:

Alecia Wolfford said...

What FUN, FUN papers!! Really love the colors, the dots are way fun, and the snowmen and reindeer are TOO dang cute!!

Peggy said...

pretty papers, can't wait to get my hands on these! I LOVE doing Christmas mini albums since we take so many pictures. My favorite part of the holidays is baking with my granddaughter - so much fun!

Renee said...

My favorite thing about the holidays is the first time I play Winter Wonderland. Hearing that song means the holiday season is off and running.

Love your new line!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Holidays? Well, my husband works long hours all the time, however, during the holidays, we get him all to ourselves! My girls and I get to spend time with just him . . . we play games, eat, watch movies, snack, hang out, eat some more, etc. I also love having family over . . . it's what the holidays are all about! LOVE the reindeer!!

Benga said...

gifts and food! LOL! yummy yummy homecooked delights, lots of presents and family reunion!

All That Chit Chat said...

Pur-dy stuff. I would love to win some!

wendipooh13 said...

what a great Christmas line without all the typical colors, and those reindeer!!! sooo cute

Anonymous said...

These papers are so cute! I love the smell of Christmas--the tree, the candles, cinnamon, spice, cookies baking, etc.

Zarah said...

LOVE these papers soooo much!!

And about my favourite thing... I am gonna have to be boring and say: SNOW!

See, when I grew up, X-mas always had snow. Then I moved and the X-masses were snowless. I never knew I'd miss it that badly!

(My husband however, is just getting used to it. He used to say that it wasn't X-mas without rain. Heretic...!! *giggles*)

Kerttu said...

I sat yesterday, looked on photos from last xmas and said to my hubby that i'm so waiting for the holidays...he just looked weird on me, lol!
I always get in the holiday mood round september:D
And i'm totally in love with Christmas and love everything about it: snow, smell: tree, candles, baking etc, family coming together, and i just love the face on my little girl when she can open all her presents...

Toatlly love this pink paper with snowflakes...who said that everything with snow has to be blue or white?:D

Jocelyn said...

What yummy and wonderful papers, the color combos are wonderful and one of my favorite things to do at this time of the year is to visit the train garden with my grandson and we are so blessed! We added another little grandson this year who will go with his MeMe, Pop, and Evan for his first train garden visit!

Scrapping Turtle Pond said...

LOVE these papers! The snowman is so cute! :)

Colleen said...

Very soft and pretty paper.

salme said...

I love the new line especially the papers with the snowman and reindeer!

For the holidays, I love preparing for it by shopping for gifts and cooking. Also love to see the expression of my daughter's faces when they are opening up their presents.

Corey W. said...

Hi!

My fave holiday moment is watching my kids decorate the tree! The excitement they show just from hanging a snowman on a branch is priceless!

Lea L. said...

First off...this is my favorite release for Dreamstreet this year! Love it!

Thanksgiving through New Years is my favorite time of the year. I live in Montana, so we get snow, and cold weather. I love sharing hot cocoa with my husband, curled up on the couch with our pups watching our fave Christmas movies. I love spending Christmas day with my family. It is laid back, and fun, and full of love. I love the candlelight service at my dad's church on Christmas Eve. I love watching fireworks in the snow on New Years. It is an incredible experience that I am determined to get good photos of this year. I love the baking, the parties, giving and getting presents...and I love celebrating the biggest gift this world was ever given. The life of Jesus Christ. Sorry for the book...I just love the holidays!

~Lea

Sonda T said...

I love this holiday line so much!! My favorite part of the holidays is spending time with family.

Jillisgram said...

Very pretty papers. I love receiving Christmas cards with all the updates on how friends and family are doing!

Linda Beeson said...

I love to see holiday themed papers that I can already see papers I can use for other occasions as well! LOVING this! For the holidays, the "family" part is the best!

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Dana this is another great line!

My favorite "wonderland" scrappin' is of the kids sledding. I just love the expressions on their face and when their cheeks get rose red.

jan farnworth said...

my favorite thing is seeing the delight in my 4 year old as he expereiences christmas morning and going to see santa and playing in the snow.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What a wonderful new collection. I love how excited my girls get as the stores start to come alive with all the holiday light and decorations. The look of wonder and joy that seems to start in October now and lasts for those two months is amazing to me.

~Cheryl said...

OmGOSH! Love these papers- will be buying these for Christmas pictures this year for SURE!!!

marcibun said...

That's a stunning collection! I don't normally go for the Christmas lines, but you got me! :)

scrapbooking for others said...

My favorite Holiday think is decorating the tree and taking a photo of it with me and whoever else may be spending the holidays with me and then being able to look back at that photo after it is scrapbooked and see how everyone has changed and reminisce about that year.

Julie said...

This is a fabulous line!!!! Love it

Suz said...

Great papers! Love the colors

My fav thing about the holidays is getting together with family. I love to bake, put up the lights outside, decorate the tree, and make cards!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of the holidays is watching holiday movies with my girls 4 and 2.

Janelle said...

super duper fun !love these!

Megan Aaron said...

oh these are so cute! my favorite part of the holidays is shopping!

Linda Hofacker said...

Oh my - these are so great - I love anything Christmas! My wonderland is Snow on Christmas Morning with all the family sitting around playing the family present game of the year -

Thanks!

Erika M. said...

I absolutely love these new papers - I really would love to have the. One of my favorite times at Christmas time is making sugar cookies with my dad. Daddy use to make sugar cookies with myself and siblings when we were growing up and now he makes them with the grandchildren - we're not allowed in the kitchen - just daddy and his grandbabies.

Sandie said...

My fave part of the holidays? Buying presents for my family. The time moving UP to Christmas. The anticipation. Watching Christmas movies together every year, and putting up the tree. The lights. The smells of fresh pine. I love it all. Mass during the Season. Just all so wonderful.

The Stockings!

Sandra said...

Love, love, love this paper!! My favorite thing about the holidays is time off with family and that big turkey dinner!!

Sheila said...

Those are wonderful holiday papers!!! I love snowflakes and snowmen!!!! And I love the projects you made with them!!!!

Nicole said...

Absolutely gorgeous papers! I love the colors and that the patterns are small and not too overwhelming. My favorite thing about the holidays has been establishing fun and memorable traditions with my kids and husband. Seems like we add a few more each year!

Evelyn said...

Love the Christmas papers. Just looking at the pics gets you in the spirit.

Me said...

Wow! Love these! My DD's snow jackets &/or ski pants are almost always pink - love having pink winter pp!

Unknown said...

Love these papers. Each December we start putting together a new 1000+ piece puzzle. Our family each help to build it it before the New Year

BethW said...

My youngest child is 24 (all boys) and Santa still fills their stockings every year. "He" selects small toys they played with as children or new toys he thinks they'll enjoy. So one day a year they're my little boys again for a short time. They enjoy it as much as I do. And it almost always starts a conversation of "do you remember when?".

Unknown said...

I love Christmas and non-traditional color schemes to scrap/decorate with. love your little tree. can you give us directions to make it.

My wonderland involves my two precious children, husband! ps..i love to collect Hallmark ornaments.

BethW7372 said...

Love the paper....also love doing mini albums. My favorite part about Christmas - shopping for the perfect presents that will make family/friends smile when they open it.

stinker said...

Gorgeous!!!

My favorite thing about Christmas is kind of boring...but it's seeing the kids' faces when they realize Santa has visited.

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers girl! Those papers are gorgeous! I just love Xmas stuff! Thanks for making them a small pattern... so nice for cards.

What I love about Christmas in our household is all the holiday traditions we have... a real tree, hot raspberry apple punch while we decorate, spending time with family, having a Xmas feast, opening presents one by one and just being together as a family! Love this time of year!

Susan said...

The beige paper with the blue swirls and white snowflakes is BEAUTIFUL!!! A must have!

SusieScrapper said...

love the new paper lines and love your layouts!

Michèle said...

beautiful !! and i love your tree !!!

kez said...

Such a cute range! I just LOVE the card holder you've made!

The Christmas tradition my hubby and I have started for our own family is a Christmas Eve picnic next to our Christmas tree... We lay out a blanket, turn out the main lights and just have the tree lights on and a few Christmassy scented candles. After this, we take the children (2 & 4) outside to sprinkle some reindeer food (oats mixed with glitter). Then, after bath & pj's the children help to put the gifts under the Christmas tree- the look of awe, wonder and excitement on their faces is just magical... Definitely my favorite time of the holidays :-)

Shaquanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaquanna said...

Cute holiday papers! I really enjoy the "magic" of Christmas, which is hard to explain exactly. I enjoy seeing family, friends, the food, decorations, music, movies, etc. I think people tend to be more giving at this time of year, which is great! And of course, I enjoy remembering the birth of Jesus.

Terri Davenport said...

Gorgeous line! (and I love your tree in the previous post.) My favorite holiday tradition is always the Christmas eve services.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tree directions Dana!
I can't wait to make one or two of these little trees! My kids will love it too!!:)

Creative Diva said...

This is such a BEAUTIFUL line of paper! I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!! Hope I am a winner :)

Shawnsgirl315 said...

This line is great. I haven't liked to many of the newer Christmas style papers, but this one is perfect for so many different things. My absolute favorite holiday thing is doing the Christmas tree. It just is one of those things that make you smile. I also love the shopping, baking, get togethers, and giving presents.
Michelle

Amber said...

I LOVE that tree! My favorite part of the holidays is seeing my kids faces on Christmas morning. I also love the after Thanksgiving crazy shopping!

Anonymous said...

I love the weather, music, seeing family. It is just a great month.
dmfitzpatrick @ rangers . nwosu. edu

Alesha said...

my favorite things about the holidays is picking out a tree and decorating with my kids.

Tara said...

One of my favorite things is picking out an ornament sometime during the year that identifies a significant event, i.e. vacation, new home, etc. This year it will be a baby ornament:-)

corrie71 said...

One of our favorite traditions is to go into DC and see the National Tree. A well-kept local secret is that the tree at the Capitol is nearly always more impressive though so we also go visit that.

Mrs. Bargain Hunting Wife said...

Ohh, so fun!!

I love Christmas because it is so magical, the glow of the lights, the snowflakes in the air and the smell of cookies baking. This year I'm extra excited because I'll be sharing the holidays with my husband for the first time, yay!

bargainhuntingwife at gmail dot com

Gina said...

I'm just getting into scrapbooking, so I could really use this! My favorite thing about the holidays is decorating the tree!

hayley said...

i love to make a christmas chex mix to take with us when we go look at christmas lights.

Paper doll said...

Pulling out all the decorations and remembering the when and why and who of each ornament. I have so many really special ones.

bugsi033 said...

Oh I LOVE Christmas! My mom (age 64) has a lot of health problems (massive heart attack, emergency double by-pass after dying twice on cath lab tabel and once in hospital room, a pacemaker defribulator - don't know if I spelled that right - and fibramyalga & rumatoid arthritic). In spite of all this, my mom has to make snow angels every year. Last year she knocked on my door & when I looked out the peep hole no one was there. So I sat back down. She knocked again & when I opened the door this time I see her laying in the snow making an angel. I just found snow angel paper to scrapbook this annual event. We are greatful every year come holiday time because our mom is still with us (especially since our father passed at age 57). I could go on & on about the special things our family does during the holidays.

Heidi Y said...

This is great paper!! My fave thing to do during the Holidays is watching my little ones enjoying the Holidays - Santa, decorating the tree... They just have a new & fresh perspective on the Holidays.

Brandy said...

My favorite part of the holidays is baking cookies and Christmas treats with my 4 year old daughter. It has become one of our traditions. Thanks so much for the great give away.

Jingle said...

Very cute projects! One of my favorite things about the holidays is getting extra time to spend with my wonderful husband and my two dogs! Being home, by the fire, just enjoying each other is just wonderful!

Kelly (a.k.a. str8cutter) said...

The best thing about the holidays is being with family. I also love to give gifts (handmade) and see the reactions. These papers would be great for my handmade gifts!!!

Jill said...

What pretty papers!! I love making Christmas cookies with the kids and watching them open their presents!

Marcia said...

This line is so sweet!

I guess when it comes to the holidays, I'm pretty typical. I love the Christmas decorations and music.

Frugal Home School Mom said...

During the holidays we try to make lots of crafts. Our favorite thing to do is go out to eat and then go to a special store to let the kids pick out an ornament for our tree. We also make sure we visit a friend or two and take them treats we have baked. We love to make unique gifts if we can instead of buying them.dyanCB@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things is seeing my kids "light up" when they get the perfect present. We gave my son a Wii for Christmas. He didn't think there was possibly any way we could find one. He was almost in tears. It was great!!

Melanie said...

Yes please, please, please!!!!!

Stacey said...

Awesome papers! I love the snow and lights during the holidays!

lonetree72 said...

I love the colors and patterns, so pretty. My favorite time during the holidays is baking all the cookies for gifts.

Mary - said...

so totally cute - love this line!

Anonymous said...

Christmas is the best time of the year! I love hearing Christmas carols and opening presents!

Our Christmas thsi year is extra special, it is our first Christmas with our first son Aiden :)

Hope I win!

Jem
jemtanghal@yahoo.com

Tricia said...

I love that the holiday papers are not so traditional and work well together. HOlidays for me are all about the traditions that I share with my children year after year. It is those memories that i hope my children carry with them with their own families.

Raye said...

Can't wait to see these in person. I LOVE reindeer.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is how nice and generous people are....too bad they aren't like that ALL of the time :) Congrats on your new line. It is fab !

Heather said...

My favorite tradition is decorating the tree. We have an artifical tree and we all get on our gardening gloves and we all (even my 2 year old) pitch in to put it together while Christmas blares from the stereo. We (me and the kids) take a cookie break while Dad puts on the lights and then we decorate. It is totally a kid tree with most of the ornaments at 4 feet and under --- love it!
Fun paper! Hope you pick me -- I have some Christmas pictures from last year I need to scrap!

Tanya said...

I love this stuff! My fav holiday time is being with my family...and the holiday yummies!

Kathy said...

My favourite part of the holidays is spending it with my relatives that live far away and taking photographs of them to scrapbook with wonderful papers like these!

StuffSmart said...

My favorite thing about Christmas is sharing Jesus' Birthday with my family.

Heather said...

The Wonderland line is fantabulous!!!!!!!!!! My favourite thing about the holidays is the joy and wonder in the faces of my children during the season - everything from the snow to the decorations to the music to the imagery and characters to the presents to the food to the family time - bring out the smiles and the giggles. That's the best part of Christmas to me :)

Mommy Minded said...

WoW! Even if I dont win, I am so happy I found your site! It's great!

livetoread said...

My favorite thing about Christmas is the baking with my children. It is a tradition for us to spend a day making cookies.

Bobbi said...

My favorite thing about the holidays is spending time with the family!! I don't get into the decorations and gifts so much-just like to appreciate the ones who are close to me. The papers are AWESOME!! thanks for the chance to win.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having a giveaway. I just love scrapbooking paper! I just love when it snows on Christmas or Christmas Eve.

Ann said...

My favorite thing about the holidays is seeing my children's faces light up with wonder and amazement at all the sights.

Tami said...

Gorgeous winter papers!!! A must have on my list!! The Holiday season is my FAVORITE!! I get to spend time with my family baking all those wonderful goodies we have only once a year. I also love shopping and wrapping the presents anticipating the smile on my children's and husband's faces when they open them.

Les100ciels said...

fav thing... chrismas music

love the new line

Nicole said...

I love eating homemade tamales with my husbands family every Xmas eve

Denise K said...

I can't get enough Christmas paper.
I usually start playing my Christmas music the first of November.
I love the tree and the card holder can't wait to make those.

Stacy said...

What a fun line! Love the colors! I love the holidays. It always gives me such a warm feeling inside. I decorate our house in white lights and garland around doorways, etc. I love to sit with all of our normal lights off and just enjoy the twinkle from the decorations. I think my favorite tradition is one we started last year. We bought an advent book with stories for every night in December, and my sons loved it. I can't wait to do that again this year with them!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of the holiday is our Advent Calendar. Each day the kids get a small prize as we countdown the days til Christmas. One year they memorized the Christmas story from the Bible a verse each day and then if they could say all 25 verses on Christmas day, they each received $25. The still remember the verses to this day! Cindy Yinger

Katherine the mediocre said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS BECAUSE I GET MORE CREATIVE DURING THIS TIME,,MY KIDS AND IALWAYS END UP MAKING TONS OF HOMEMEDAE ITEMS,,FROM SCRAPBOOKS TO FOOD.

Anonymous said...

Christmas eve is my favorite part of the holidays. Seeing the kids getting excited for the next morning. We are all allowed to open one gift in the evening. Having good food, like Tortiere (meat pie from Quebec, Canada). We watch a movie (adults fall asleep during the credits in the beginning), then waking up in the middle of the night to stuff the stockings, take the bite of the cookie for santa, drink some of the milk, and nibble on the carrot for the reindeer.
Whew that was a lot.
Hope to win some paper because it is so sweet.

di said...

I love having all the family together - we have a picture we take every year with the boys and santa hats - it has been fun to watch them grow - comparing that picture year to year - and this year will be even more special as my youngest will be getting married right before Christmas.

Anonymous said...

cute line :) love the basic dots!
one of my favorite things about the holidays... family! and a fun thing that i always love to do... making my christmas cards :)

Nicole said...

What awesome papers! I will definitely need this line.

our tradition is the star on the top of my parent's tree. it has been in the family since before i was born (so over 28 years). they are rare and i am desperately trying to find one for my own tree now that i am married with a baby. christmas just doesn't seem the same without it.

Anonymous said...

We've moved from the snowy midwest to the hot, hot state of Arizona! So, I definitely love going home during the holidays to see snow and our families! :)
wishbone317@yahoo.com

jenny said...

My favorite thing about the holidays is seeing my mommy! In a typical year, that's the only time I get to see her since we live pretty far apart and both have hectic work schedules.

Jennifer Hansen said...

Krusty Klaus visits on Christmas Eve every year. It's my FIL in a really "krusty" Claus costume and he brings gag gifts for everyone.

Scrapshe said...

Wow, this paper is gorgeous. The best part of Christmas is getting together with family and enjoying our time together since we have spread out so far and this is one occasion to celebrate together. I am thankful each year that I get to share with my folks who are elderly and also my children and grandchildren which also are a delight to have around.

Kimmie said...

so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Love Wonderland, Christmas is truly our favorite holiday in my family, My favorite things we do every year is My Aunt and I spend 2 days baking cookies and my nieces and nephews and I always do a craft together :) Love the tree you did,

Rebecca K. said...

Awesome! i love this line! great projects too!

CJensen said...

My favorite part about the holidays is singing Christmas songs. Gathering around he piano and singing as a family, singing along with favorites on the radio, being part of a choir...I LOVE everything to do with Christmas music!

dianagirly said...

Oh my goodness, I looooooove Christmas time! It gives me an excuse to snuggle up to my sweetheart and sip hot cocoa. I love how the cold air turns my children's cheeks this amazing pink color and how their eyes hold all of that magic in them on Christmas morning!

Sandy Trefger said...

OMG! I love these! I can't wait to get my hands on them and create layouts for my 2007 Christmas photos.

OK...my favorite part of the holidays or rather one of my favorite things is decorating the Christmas tree. I have an ornament for every year my DH and I have been married and this year I will be putting ornament number 32 on our tree!!!

kimmie kaye said...

lots of time with family

Angela L. said...

I love the colors of your new holiday line, they're so pretty! As far as my favorite part of the holidays.... I'm approaching this a different way mainly because up until last year, I'd always taken the holiday season for granted and perhaps lost some sense of the REAL meaning of them. Last holiday was a very tough one for us since we were paying on my son's hospital bills & and some other unexpected things had hit us but to watch friends and our church coming forth to help us in many ways brought a true joy and filled our hearts with the true meaning again. Things are still tough but we are so hoping that we can be the ones giving to others who are in need during the holiday season. So to me, my favorite part of the holiday season NOW is "giving with a glad heart!"

Unknown said...

I love these papers!
I love everything about the holidays, but especially the way it seems more people try to be kinder that time of year.

Kevin Renz said...

This is a tradition that I stole from my sister. I like to have brand new pj's boxed for the kids. They can then open them Christmas eve and wear them that night. I like it even better if I get around to making them myself in a nice cozy flannel. I really should get on it now too.

jules said...

okay my favorite thing about the holidays is are ritual making our gingerbread house. Our whole family gets in on it.

joybear said...

This line is just too cute!!! LOVE it!! As a kid my dad always drove us into town to see the Christmas lights (this was a very long drive)and now I live so much closer but it is something I do every year and enjoy it so much. Such awesome memories!

twinsand2boys said...

I absolutely adore the wonderland collection!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Wonderland collection Dana!!! Those reindeer are just too cute!!!
What I love about the holidays are the girls and their families (sil's & grandsons)coming over in their jammies on Christmas Eve to open presents and the grandsons decorating a birthday cake for Jesus!!

Donna said...

Raspberry!

Donna said...

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Christmas line! It's perfect for all my holiday pictures!

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about the holidays is the decorations and colors!

Jen Patrick- Roxybonds Creates said...

OH ,that is gorgeous! My favorite thing about the holidays is the food and family!!!!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! One of my fav holiday traditions is the baking - lots and lots of cookies! Yum. Leesa

Jenn said...

I love looking at all the holiday decorations, and to put myself in a holiday mood (hard here in hot Florida!), I put together a small jigsaw puzzle I've had for years. It's my own personal tradition!

Anonymous said...

Such festive papers! The first thing that comes to mind about the holidays are all the many smells! Takes me right back home!

Grizellie said...

I love this line. Those little snowmen are the cutest. My favorite thing about the Holidays is when you go into the stores and they are playing Christmas music and everything is decorated. It feels like the start of the season.

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

Favorite thing about the holidays: getting together with my family. Also sending homemade Christmas cards, and receiving them.

just jennifer said...

I just love winter paper! Love the colors and the snowmen and reindeer...... I just love playing in the snow with the girls - making snowmen and then coming in to drink hot chocolate!!

Anonymous said...

That tree was a huge hit at CHA, Dana! Thanks so much for the instructions. I am SO making one of these for Christmas!

Missed you, girl....wish you could have made CHA!

Alicia