Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside...

So cold in fact I think these cuties would enjoy it here.

When I say cold... I mean COLD! It's -21 degrees here in Minnesota this morning. That's the actual air temperature. OH MY GOSH! I don't want to even think about how cold it is with the wind chill factored in. I know some parts of Northern Minnesota are at about -38 degrees right now.

Supposedly, this is the coldest it's going to get though. We are going to begin warming up today and it will be the first day in 4 days that we will be above zero.

I am so ready for SPRING!

Speaking of cute babies and Spring, it's Winter CHA time! That means my new paper collection, Lullaby, for Dream Street Papers will be making it's debut at the show in Anaheim. I'm so excited to travel to California next weekend for a little warmth and some fun times with my friends. Make sure you check out the Dream Street Blog for the other new releases, too.

Lullaby has the perfect papers for so many of the sweet memories in life that we scrapbookers like to preserve. I know you'll find many uses for them beyond those that the name implies. They are really very versatile. And guess what? We now have Rub-Ons to match! They are 6x6 sheets and the perfect size for scrapbook pages and cards. How fun is that?

So how about a giveaway? I know you just have to have some Lullaby for your very own, right? Leave me a comment (and a way to contact you) and share with me one of your sweet memories that you would scrapbook if you had these darling papers in your stash. I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

Hugs,
Dana

24 comments:

Tanya said...

These new collections are just beautiful! As I was going through my albums the other day I realized that I have very few layouts scrapped from when my first baby was born (as I wasn't a scrapbooker then *gasp*), so I would pull out some of those older pics and get them scrapped with this fab new collection!

Jingle said...

I have this photo of me when I was eight years old holding my baby sister in the hospital. It is a really great photo and these would be PERFECT for it! The colors would really work well!

Camille said...

Lullaby is beautiful! I love your colors! Where would I even begin? I miss scrapbooking, but just haven't made the time for it since this whole quilting obsession started! Baby books. Definitely a good place to start, right?

Thanks for your comment, I hope I can help you out! Check my blog in a week or two, and I promise there will be something there to get you going. I know that's vague, but just trust me. ;-)

Hope you have fun in California!

Maureen said...

Love the newest line Dana.

There is something on my blog for you

Maureen said...

Love the lastest collection Dana. I would love to use this line on my baby photos. These are precious memeories I need to work on getting scrapped. My goal for the year is to do a BOM.

I hope your enjoyin the warm weather. Its about to be cold again

Roxanna P said...

This is just beautiful... I would scrap my cousin's baby boy (as I don't have a baby yet!) But he was just born in December and there are such cute pictures that were captured that would go lovely with this kit.

jollybeans@yahoo.com

C'est Sa Vie said...

Well, I have 80 little darling children...and they are all in high school! Since I am so busy teaching, I would not use the scrapbook papers myself but rather, let my students use them for the "baby book" we make in teen living class. They get so much more excited to make things out of actual crafting supplies instead of faded construction paper. I received a donation of scrapbook paper last year and my students had a ball, saving every little piece to make their baby pages perfect. It really is nice to see them put so much time and effort into something.
walkingoffthebuz@gmail.com

rebecca said...

The papers are really pretty. I have about a million digital pictures of my daughter's first year that I need to scrapbook I guess having all the grandparents at least 6 hours away means you take tons of pictures. But it would be nice for me to be able to see them aside from my folders on the computer) and I want to do a scrapbook since the most recent things I have scrapped is Wedding pics and its been a while since I was married too.

Debra said...

such a pretty collection. I need to start my little girl's first year scrapbook so badly....it's on my to-do list. I think I would scrapbook about how she reminds me of my mom (her grandma) whom she never got to meet. That first day, she looked so much like her. I need to record those memories.

Thanks for the giveaway..
afrugalfriend@hotmail.com

Joel Engelsma said...

I would love these for my 4 month olds scrapbook. Need to get going!

Adams Family said...

Beautiful collection!! I would love to use these to finish my son's first year scrapbook. Maybe these would finally motivate me to get it done..now that he is 4!!

twinzmama said...

I would use this kit to scrapbook my twin daughters' stay in the NICU.
Love it!

Jess said...

I really enjoyed seeing the newest line of paper. If I had wonderful paper like this I would use it to scrapbook my niece and nephew. My nephew, Caiden is 7 mnths. He is very sweet and just starting to work on crawling. He's on all fours, but not moving yet :) He stays at our house a lot because his parents need a little extra help. His mom isn't a scrapbooker at all, and they don't take many pictures so both my sister and I make up for it and scrapbook them for her. Even if I don't win them-I think I might go buy some :)
Thanks!
-Jessica
annfriend02@hotmail.com

Bovee Family said...

This set would be perfect for the new bundle coming to our home in May. Love the giveaway!
thebovees at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

i just had a baby so guess who i would scrap!!

Simply Stacie said...

I would scrapbook the birth of my little niece.

stacie_vaughan (at) hotmail (dot) com

The Hansen Family said...

I can't even pinpoint one! Probably the birth of my sweet baby boy and hospital time. All the colors from that time are very light and pastel, perfect for this collection!

Anonymous said...

I just had my precious baby girl, Elianna in October 08. I would use the paper to scrapbook her newborn pics.

Anonymous said...

I would use these for me to get motivated to scrap my daugheters first year. I only have a few pages done and now she is 15 months! Yikes, is that part of the second child syndrom?

mom2kids.stephens at gmail dot com

Nicole said...

I just had a baby 5 months ago, so I would use it for the baby's pictures.

Susy said...

Wow this collection is beautiful! I absolutely love them!! I have a beautiful 3 month old that I would love to scrapbook for and these papers would be perfect!
Thanks for the giveaway!
Susyec@yahoo.com

Ginny said...

Well I am behind on both my girls baby scrapbooks, so I would try to get some pages done for each of my girls when they were precious babies!

I love this lullaby collect, so sweet!

Elissa said...

How cute! My sister-in-law would love these for my nephew's baby book.

elissa at huebert dot org

Unknown said...

I'd like to scrapbook the first days of my kids.