It's been really hard to get through the past few weeks. Our beautiful and very loved Border Collie, Bandit, passed away so unexpectedly on Dec. 30, 2008. She was almost 11 years old but we thought we had many more years with her. We are so sad and now I'm in tears once again just writing this.I wasn't going to share this because there is just no happy way to share such news, but I couldn't go on blogging and skip over it. She was so precious to our family and we'll miss her forever. One day I know we'll see her again... but I just wish I could have her back now. She was the most loving dog anyone could ever be lucky enough to have as a part of their family. She was my girl and our home is so lonely without her!
We are animal lovers in this house. Everyone says you just have to go out and get a new little pet to love. However; we still have Sundae, our 17 year old Calico Cat, and I don't think she'd be too happy if we brought home a puppy. So I guess that will have to wait for now. Maybe we'll be ready to open our hearts to a new little puppy some day... I know we have lots of love to give. Pets are a joy, but losing them is just so incredibly hard.I promise, my next post will be a happy one! My new collection with Dream Street Papers will be revealed soon... so check back in for the preview!
One of my goals for this year is to take more time to play with my scrapping supplies and be creative like I used to be. I've not put much energy into crafting lately so I'm going to make an effort to change that. I'm also interested in quilting and sewing and learning to knit. Please join me and link me up to what you're doing. It's fun to share ideas and be inspired by other crafty girls.
Hugs!
Dana
3 comments:
I'm so sad to read this. I know just how much it hurts to lose a great dog. You know we lost our Jazzy exactly one year ago and we still talk about her everyday. Because she was a big part of our household everything reminds us of her but those reminders are good and make us smile knowing how lucky were were.
It took us about 9 months to get another puppy. I would have been happy with a longer wait, but the kids really wanted another dog (most of all Brian, the biggest "kid").
HUGS. : )
I'm sorry to read about the loss your family is dealing with losing her. They become part of your families. HUGS
I'm so sorry, she looks like a sweetie. It is hard losing a pet. I still get upset over my first cat that I lost when I was in 10th grade of leukemia. It is hard getting over the loss of pets. Take care!
Post a Comment