Monday, November 01, 2010

Why I ♥ my local Library

Despite my love of surfing blogs in cyberspace, there's nothing quite like the fun of getting all cozy and settling in with a good book or magazine. But since a shopping trip to Barnes & Noble to buy 'till my hearts content {see rule #3} isn't an option, I'm going to have to once again make friends with my local library. It is, after all, free to check out books and FREE is what it's all about these days for this girl.

Well... let me clarify...it's ALMOST free. Ya see... my library implemented a plan over a year ago whereby a late fee of $.25 accrues DAILY on all non-juvenile books kept past their due date. I like to check out stacks of books and magazines at a time and I sometimes forget when they are due. Ah hem.... which means I have, on occasion, racked up some fines. So... in order to square up my situation with the library (my on again BFF) I paid my late fees of $14.20 that I accidentally accrued over a year ago. (FYI...They don't stop you from checking out books... but kindly remind you that you have to pay up... once it's been a year or so. Don't judge.) 


Once again in Miss Library's good graces, I felt compelled to check out some books and magazines. {Note to self: RETURN ON TIME!}


The list of books is as follows:

Shaker: Life, Work and Art - June Sprigg & David Larkin
Amy's Bread - Amy Scherber 
MaryJane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook - Maryjane Butters
Better Homes and Gardens 2001 Cross Stitch Designs
Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style
Simple Hospitality - Jane Jarrell
Crafts from Salt Dough - Audrey Gessat
The Simple Life - Larry Roth

Plus a whole handful of magazines: Quilting Ideas, Paper Crafts, etc.

I can't wait to dig in to these books. I can hear them calling my name! Check back in the days to come to see what I learn from these good reads!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You know I ♥ this post! I have always loved the public library and now I manage one. We only charge .10 per days on late books/magazines, but lookout for late movies! 1.00 per day. That can sneak up and bite people sometimes. :(