I started a few days ago... but have decided to go ahead and blog my progress. I think it will be fun to have a record of it... plus it will keep me accountable and less inclined to waver from the goal! This is a challenge for me and doesn't necessarily apply to my hubby... but by default he'll be impacted as well. Kristofer said he's glad he left the nest and gets his own paycheck now so he doesn't have to be a part of my experiment! LOL!
My Year without Spending ~ October 25, 2010 - October 24, 2011
Dana's Official Rules:
- Buy no new clothes for one year. Use up my fabric stash and make some new things!
- No fast food – It’s not good for me anyway.
- Read favorite magazines at the library.
- Purchase only ingredients for meals, no processed foods; make meals from scratch if possible.
- Plan meals and shopping lists – only purchase what is on the list.
- Give handmade gifts for holidays, birthdays, etc.
- Spend time completing the many unfinished projects I have without purchasing anything new.
- “Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without” ~Katy Wolk-Stanley
2 comments:
Yes! This is awesome, Dana. You can do it. I made a lifestyle spending change many years ago (out of necessity!)when the girls were small and it is a good one. The clothes thing is tough, but I enjoy thrift and consignment store shopping and find many treasures that way. You can do it! I look forward to seeing your progress.
I thought of another thing... I'd love to share ideas for frugal (but creative and lovely) gift giving!
Post a Comment