Sunday, March 04, 2007

Bunnies, Mammograms and Mysterious Paths!

Spring is definitely in the air. It's quite cold, about 20 degrees, and there's about 18 inches of fresh snow on the ground... but the birds are singing like crazy. I have the windows cracked just a little so I can hear them chatter away. I even hear a cardinal singing... love that! It just makes me smile.

Bunnies... we have a couple that live under the garden sheds in the yards of our two neighbors. Sometimes, one hangs out under the deck we have by our pond, too. A special treat for me is to look out in our yards and see the bunny tracks in the snow. They are so cute. On sunny days, this little bunny comes out just far enough from the shed to catch some rays of sun. I look for it every day.

Last night, there was a full moon and I got up around midnight to see if I could catch a glimpse of a bunny. Right outside my bedroom window we have a patch of raspberries and the twigs are a favorite munching spot in the wintertime. (FYI... dear hubby hates that!) Sure enough, I looked down and there was one! It was so cute as it stretched it's little body and then scampered off. I went back to bed a happy girl! :)

Mammograms... in the life of a cancer survivor... it's an absolute necessity to keep up with the yearly scan of the naughty little things! I had mine on Friday. This is the second one I've had since my initial diagnosis in 2005. Last time, they gave me my results right away... but this time I wasn't so lucky. I have my appointment with my Oncologist on Monday morning so they said they'd have the results for me at that time. I try not to worry, but I admit I have that nagging little fear nipping at my heels all the time.

It's not like worrying will make the outcome any different so I'm not sure why I do it. It's just my nature I guess. I regularly scare myself into thinking that I feel something... only to convince myself that I'm being ridiculous. ;)

I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to get the mammograms. It's a relatively simple thing that could save your life. If you should have scheduled one and haven't, please just do it. Putting it off could mean the difference between life and death. Cancer found in an early stage is a very good thing. I'm living proof!

My talented husband... oh yes... he's not just handsome! He was interviewed by our regional newspaper! He's a fabulous nature photographer and loves to share his work with others. It's a hobby that is so rewarding for our entire family as we are all nature lovers. Anyway, take a look at the wonderful article written by Kara Hildreth. There's even a little video they made to showcase a few of his photos.
Farmington This Week

Hugs,
Dana

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I was impressed with that bright, full moon, too! It was so bright against the snow. Did you see the eclipse (the following night, I think)? We were driving in the car and I looked up and noticed that the moon looked really cool, but didn't say anything to Brian, who was driving, or my DD in the backseat. I don't know why. Then a while later, my BIL called to ask if we saw it and I felt really guilty. I kept it to myself, without knowing it was an eclipse I was witnessed. Next time I'll be sure to share when I see something different (I usually do)!