Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back from CHA...

Well, actually I got back on Monday morning, worked the rest of the day for my "real" job and then went to bed at about 6:30PM... and slept until about 7:00 the next morning! This girl was worn out! CHA is a lot of fun, but so much work!

Anyway, the show was fabulous. It's always so fun to see the Dream Street Girls and visit.
I wish we could get together more often, but we all live so far apart. I am lucky to be part of such an amazingly talented team.

Here are a couple photos.

Tracy, Me, Lara, Tara, Angela & Laura
(Photo from Tracy's Blog... thanks Tracy! ;) )


Amy, Alexis & Audrey
(Photo from Alexis Blog... thanks Alexis! ;) )


Dream Street Papers Booth, Summer CHA 2007


New Cardstock Stickers for Chipboard Mini Albums

My little Forget-Me-Not Mini Album
(whipped up on the floor of the hotel room the night before the show started!)

More photos at Amy's Flickr page.


Stef & Me
(Photo from Stef's Blog, :) )

Another highlight of the trip for me was getting a chance to meet Stef Hamilton. Stef is a wonderfully talented scrapbooker and cardmaker extraordinaire! She's even quite often featured in Paper Crafts Magazine. I searched Stef out when I heard that she was a fellow scrapbooker with Breast Cancer and our shared experiences have been a real source of strength for me. Stef... I {Heart} you! ;)

The Dream Girls:
Let's see, of course hotel rooming with Tara and Tracy is always a highlight for me. They make me smile... and oh boy... this trip I learned just how much alike those two over-achievers are! Any dream analysts out there? LOL!

Lara is such a sweetie. We had fun talking about bread making, school children and politics over dinner. On the train ride back from Chicago we even got to hear her story about the time that John Travolta called her to wish her luck before her Grease debut. ;)

Amy and Alexis, well... what can one say about gorgeous, talented and friendly girls? Amy's our resident Celebrity! She looks just like Sandra Bullock.

Angela is just a fun girl to be around. She's full of energy and a very creative spirit.

Jamie and Tracy are our CK HoF'ers and we are so proud of them. They are very talented scrapbookers and it's great to have them on our design team.

Audrey has the most fabulous southern accent. It's so fun to just listen to her talk. But she's not just a cute accent, she's smart and funny, too!

Laura is just as charming as she is online and so easy to talk to.

All in all, it was a fun and successful show for Dream Street Papers, but it sure is nice to be home.

In other news at the homestead... ;)
Kristofer finished reading Harry Potter and we sat down last evening for him to give me the play by play... I just had to know what happened.

When he was just a little guy in oh, first grade I think, I read him the first book. After that, he read them on his own and just loved them. What an awesome way to inspire children to read. Thanks, J.K. Rowling... very cool! :)

Anyway... no spoilers here... but Kristofer did shed a few tears. He's 15 and LOVED it. ;)

Hugs!
Dana



3 comments:

Tracy said...

I loved reading your recap and reliving those fun memories! My mind was just spinning as I added CHA pics to my blog and couldn't come up with anything to say. Unusual - since you know I'm rarely at a loss for words!
Here's my dream from last night: I was peering into a garden (maybe my aunt's or SIL's)looking for baby birds and bunnies and was suddenly startled and terrified by a large, red and white (with some black, too) striped snake. I began sobbing and running because I was so afraid. I told someone (again, can't recall whether it was my aunt or SIL) and they said they call the snake "Rusty" and that he hangs around all the time. YUCK!

Lara said...

thanks for the sweet comments. i loved chatting with you and came home and told my husband how hard it is to leave you gals. i love our time together.

Anonymous said...

awwww such sweet pics, Dana. So wish I could have been there to see you again. Until February.....
hugs! Sonda