Sunday, July 29, 2007

The weekend is...

almost over and I've accomplished NOTHING. All those things I had in my head that I wanted to get done are still just in my head and not done. Darn it!

Oh well... What's a girl to do? I think I'll go curl up on the couch with some canning books and magazines. Might as well continue on with my lazy weekend! LOL! ;)

I checked out this book from the library and I really like it so I may need to order it. I want to make some blueberry jam so I'm reading up on it. There are quite a few recipes for other tasty treats that have caught my eye, but I figure I'll start with something relatively simple that I cannot mess up. Hopefully!

Aside from canning, I want to find a recipe for a really good and hearty wheat bread. Does anyone out there have a favorite recipe they'd like to share?

Another really neat book I found is called Hearts & Homes.
It's full of fun information about the families and lifestyles of the people who farmed the Heartland from 1895-1939. There are neat recipes and snippets from articles about such things as how to prepare a lunch bucket for school children. Very interesting. The author has another book called, A Prairie Kitchen, and I have requested that one from the library.

Speaking of the library, I really love it. I enjoy my weekly (at least!) trips and always come home with a HUGE stack of books. I have 10 checked out right now... but I've had over 20 books at a time in the past. It's good fun.

Well, I'm off to hit the couch and be lazy. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Dana

2 comments:

Gina Maisano said...

Dear Dana,
Please come visit my blog. There is something for you there.
Love,
g

Lara said...

yum...when you find a good blueberry jam recipe, share it with me. lazy weekends are fun.