At the same time as I was pulling dinner out of the oven, Scott ran upstairs and was saying something about "where's the remote" so he could turn on the kitchen TV and then the phone began to ring. I went to answer it as Scott said something about a bridge collapsing. My grandfather was calling to make sure we were all ok. I said yes and I would call him back. We turned on the TV and the pictures were just so awful. So hard to believe.Scott had just walked in the door about 15 minutes earlier from a trip up in Northern to photograph bears. I was so thankful that he was home. He would not normally go the route of that bridge but his friend who was up north with him may have. He called him from his car as he was stuck in traffic just before the bridge. So lucky!
At this point, the news reports have only confirmed one fatality, but other witnesses have said there are many more. It's just so sad. My heart goes out to all those who may be involved in this tragic event.
Life is so darn unpredictable. Treasure every moment. Seriously!
2 comments:
Oh, Dana! I'm so glad you and your family are safe. This is such a scary thing. It seems especially horrible for the fact that it was just normal, everyday routine for people, and then the unexpected happened.
Thank the Lord you are all ok! Such a horrible thing that happened. Luv ya. Sonda
Post a Comment