I find a lot of comfort in the status quo.
Kristofer had schedule day and we went to the High School and walked around. It's a pretty big school and a bit confusing in it's layout. I'm guessing there will be a lot of 10Th graders wandering around lost and late to class the first week or so. I know I would have been one of them! LOL!
Anyway, he's a bit disappointed in that he didn't get into Video Production this Fall with his 3 best friends. They all got in... but not him. He got in Spring semester. I feel bad for him, cause I know how much he would have enjoyed that experience. They love to make movies together and it would have been great fun. The mommy in me wishes she could fix everything... but alas, I cannot. It's tough to be a mom! ;)
I'm still working on purging my stuff. It's a slow-go process. Sometimes it seems like I just push the things around and never really get anywhere. But I really know that it's just stuff and I don't "need" it all. It's a waste to have things I'll never use just sitting around taking up space. Kind of gets in the way of seeing and using all the things I do want to keep.

Evening before last, I made these yummy Almond and Chocolate Clusters They turned out pretty good. (I didn't make the white chocolate ones, though. I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate unless it's in Peppermint Bark.) I think I may try them again but add some coconut to them... then they'll be like an Almond Joy. :)
Hugs,
Dana
4 comments:
those look pretty (and I'm sure delicious).
I know what you mean about schedule frustrations. Kaylyn is entering jr. high, also a new building for her. In the spring they sent home a paper for her to designate a language class request. She chose French. Last week she tells me that after much thought and careful consideration (ahem) that she'd rather take German so I called the guidance office to see about getting her switched since there are still a few weeks before school starts. You'd think I asked the woman to stand on her head and spit nickels! Not sure if they'll accomodate her, she'll have to wait 'til the first day of school to see. Otherwise French will be her language for the next 4 years.
Dana, I hear ya about the purging issue. Ya know, when we moved out of the house (to be demo'd) we ONLY took with us the things we would need for the next year. Wouldn't you know it a ton of stuff was dumped, donated and stored for future use (like Cmas decor and camping gear.) If we didn't use it in the last 5 yrs. out it went. Felt so good. And there is still more to do. Funny how much a person accumulates in 17 yrs. in one home. :eyeroll: And to tell you the truth, a ton of it was paper? WUT UP WIT DAT?? The paper shreader is on over time and a bon fire is in the works. hee hee
Those chocolates look devine girl. Ok, here's what you do....wrap them up and send them to: (you have my addy. LOL!)
Good luck to K at school. Ya, tough being a mom I'm sure, I can only imagine what you (and he) going thru. Hugs! Sonda
Hi Dana,
I'm Tracy's neighbor. I love your blog. I just have to add my comment about children not getting the class they want. That happened to my daughter when she was in high school. It was Driver's Ed and she didn't get in. Funny, all the friends of the secretary to the Guidance Counselor got the class.
I think it's the only time my husband (an elementary teacher) stamped his feet. They got her in, but it wasn't without a lot of hassle.
As for the German, the teacher is a very good friend of mine. I think I'll just give her a call..after I call Tracy.
Pam
going to have to try these myself :D They look pretty delicious!
Post a Comment