Thursday, August 09, 2007

The lazy days of summer...

I've been busy doing a bunch of nothing. It seems like I don't get much accomplished lately, but I guess I have a few things completed.

I did make some Blueberry Jam. I used this recipe from Sure-Jell. It was really simple and I think it turned out well. My 6 half-pint jars sealed... but the lids don't seem as concave as I thought they would be so I'm a bit nervous. They don't pop when the lid is depressed and I can pick them up by the lids and they are secure... I think they are ok. But still... I put them in the refrigerator. It was my very first time canning! I don't want to give anyone botulism... lol. ;)

When I was at CHA, I got to meet the folks from Happy Scrappin' Scrapbooking and they asked me to be their Guest Designer for August. I've had a lot of fun at their site. The girls are all so nice and welcoming. If you're looking for a fun Scrapbooking forum to join, check them out! I may actually get some scrapping done this month! ;)

Lets' see... the garden is growing really well this year. We have lots of varieties of squash and the tomatoes are starting to go wild. We are going to have a ton. I'm going to have to learn to can some sauce and salsa!

I'm thinking about having a garage sale in September. One of my girlfriends may join me. That would make the chore of it a tiny bit fun. I want to start as savings account for a family vacation we are planning on taking when Kristofer graduates high school in 3 years. Garage sale proceeds would be a good start for it.

See... not a very exciting life, huh? Every now and then I check in on Jessica McDougall. She's the sister of Ali Edwards. (I don't know either girl personally... lol... but find their blogs fun and interesting.) Anyway, Jessica does seem to lead quite a girl about the world life... and that's a neat thing to read about since I'm such a homebody! :)

Well, Happy Thursday!

Hugs,
Dana

6 comments:

deedub said...

Love that photo!!!! Ok, sweet girl, you've been tagged! check it out on my blog! Enjoy!
-d.

Amy said...

Hi Dana! I found your blog through Deanna's (A Road to Somewhere)....I "know" you via Ann at Memory Creek, where I teach card classes! I don't think we've actually met, but Ann talks about you alot. I don't know if you've ever seen my blog, but check it out if you get a sec sometime. I've got you on my Google Reader now!

Amy Westerman

Amy said...

Hi again, Dana. I don't have your email address so I can't mail you directly! I thought I'd just leave you another comment instead. I live in Lakeville, about 10 minutes from Memory Creek. Near Dodd and Highview. Not too far from you!

Amy

p.s. If you want my email, you can go to my blog and click on "email me"!

Tracy said...

Oh yum, blueberry jam! I'll bet the lids are just fine. You can really tell after they've cooled all the way (if you were checking when they were still a little warm they might have seemed suspicious).

Anonymous said...

I love my Dreamstreet ladies!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a hug!
Thena

Anonymous said...

Dana, mmmmmmm, blueberries! My fav! Love them. I get the jam is rocking. Hugs, Sonda