Sometimes I feel "normal" but then I'm smacked with a reminder that I'm not exactly normal anymore. Cancer will forever be a part of my life. I don't want it to BE my life... but it seems to keep creeping back in.
Anyway, I found another lump on my "good" side a week ago. So... more testing... mammogram, ultrasound and the previously scheduled MRI. All the waiting is just plain tough. I had the Mammo & US this afternoon and the abnormality was visible as day on US. (I forgot to ask about the Mammo- it's totally overwhelming when you're on the spot!) My Dr. thinks it might be fibrocystic changes, which is totally ok and benign, but there was a soft tissue component that throws a wrench in that scenario so he performed a needle biopsy and took about 6 samples. I'll know the pathology tomorrow.
Ya know, I was a bit upset when I first noticed the new lump... but I think I've come to terms with it now. I've been there, done that once, so the situation is not totally new to me and doesn't feel so hopeless. I've given it lots of thought (Duh!) and I asked for a consult with a surgeon to talk about options for removing the NAUGHTY GIRLS completely. Can I just say I'm about sick of them at this point? Where's the paring knife? I'm kidding... I think... ;)
Anyway... I have an appt. next Weds afternoon to discuss their demise!
I know that there are so many people dealing with much more difficult issues in their lives than this so I'm really trying to keep this situation in perspective. ONce again, it's all about perspective. That's what keeps me sane!
FYI... I really enjoyed watching "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer" last night on TLC. I laughed and I cried, but generally was left with such a good feeling. It's good to be happy... it just feels better that way.
Hugs,
Dana
1 comment:
Oh my, Dana! Please let me know the results ASAP. I'll be thinking of you today while waiting to hear.
I recorded that program, but haven't had a chance to watch yet. I sat by my friend Renee (another survivor) the other night at our 7th grade parent meeting and she told me that she and her family were interviewd for a news piece about genetic testing for families.
Post a Comment