Saturday, August 18, 2007

Crazy Sexy Cancer...

Wow... 2 words I've never said or even thought of about cancer! Anyhow, just saw this movie advertised on TLC tonight. Crazy Sexy Cancer will be airing on The Learning Channel (TLC) this August 29th at 9 pm. Check your local listings... I think that's EST.

Kris Carr also has a blog.

Ooh... Edited post to add that she also has a book coming out, Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips.

Bonus: She has a book signing near me!

September 17
Barnes and Noble; 2100 North Snelling Avenue
Roseville, MN
7:00-8:30pm

Cancer truly sucks... and I hate it... passionately! But I never tire in seeing how it often brings out the most wonderful and beautiful qualities of our human existence. Does that sound hokey? Oh well, if it does! It's so darn true!

Oh... and about the name... Crazy Sexy Cancer. Very clever! I think I get it.

I don't doubt for a second that she doesn't understand intimately just how awful cancer is... and for many it's tough to find anything remotely "crazy" or "sexy" about it. But I can't live that way... and if there's the tiniest bit of "crazy" or "sexy" to be found... that's where I'll be. "I'm bringing sexy back..." just like JT! Love that attitude! Remember... it's all about perspective!

Life is precious and all too short... I won't waste a single moment on being miserable if it's in my power to do otherwise.

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to seeing this movie. Maybe you'll want to take a look, too.

Hugs,
Dana

2 comments:

Tracy said...

really cool concept!

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i have not heard of the movie but will have to try and see it. Thanks for the info, Dana. ~Sonda