I do find it interesting though how I seem to like my pages ok when I'm making them, but when I see them as a "thumbnail" I sometimes cringe and say to myself... "what was I thinking putting that there?" For instance, the large brown Petaloo flower... love it on it's own... but maybe not so much on my layout. Oh well... it's all good. It's about the memories, right? ;)






I have decided to make some changes in my Scrapbooking style though. I was at Archiver's today and I was looking at the Albums. The Kolo Albums really caught my eye this time. The
Newport in 11X14 is really a unique and versatile size. They had a completed one on display and it had beautiful large photos and a very clean minimalist look. I loved it. It really showcased the photos so beautifully. The only drawback is that the scrapbooks are so expensive and they don't come with the page protectors, those are extra.
I don't want the focus of may pages to be the embellishments anymore. I want the photos to take center stage. I do love playing with paper and embellishments though so I think I'll stick to paper crafting and card making to fill that creative side. I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy for years!
I can't help but think that my efforts to simplify my home and life are really working since it's even creeping into my hobby! I do look at things differently now. I don't really have the desire to have so much stuff. I'm excited about the new direction and I'll share some pages when I get a chance to actually make some! ;)
Remember my blueberry jam? Well, Scott says it tastes pretty good but the texture is a little odd... :) Hhmmm... I'll keep trying. I had some this evening on my vanilla yogurt with a heavy sprinkling of Grape Nuts Cereal... yummy! No complaints from the cook! :)
Tomorrow I have my quarterly appt with my Oncologist. Going to the Cancer Center is a little odd for me. In some ways it seems like yesterday that I was going there regularly and at the same time it seems like it was just a dream and never really happened. I mean, I never forget I had cancer, I think about it every single day. But, I don't know... I guess I'm still trying to find my way through the whole ordeal.
Well, I guess I better go get the clean laundry off my bed and put away! Laundry is the bane of my existence! LOL!
Hugs,
Dana
3 comments:
I don't want the focus of may pages to be the embellishments anymore. I want the photos to take center stage.
Funny - I was just thinking about this same thing yesterday. Wouldn't it be fun to scrapbook together? I guess since we live so far away I'll have to continue to sit in my basement with only a few spiders to keep me company. : )
Best wishes for your upcoming appointment.
We are our own worse critics!
I haven't been scrapping more than one day a month. I am on a total re-organization kick and not just SBR either!
Funny to read this today.. I head to the oncologist in a bit for my check. No MRI for me though. You need breasts for that apparently! LOL. I mean of the non-silicone variety. :)
Dana, your pages are great! Love the ones of you with the DS girls. I recognize all of them! heehee You're a great scrapbooker, dont get yourself down ok. like you said...about the memories! Hugs girl and good luck at your appt. ~Sonda
Post a Comment